Monday, August 9, 2010



Diane 10 years young
ABOUT ME
I was born in Denver, Colorado and lived there until 1990. From that time, I spent a year and a half traveling around the world to 27 countries and then spent a year in Japan teaching English Conversation. Upon my return to America, I moved to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, where I started a family. I have two beautiful daughters, Dakota and Emily Rose. They are the light of my life and give me reason to live. Being a stay-at-home mom, I chose to attend classes for massage therapy at DoveStar Holistic Therapies Institute, and became licensed in January 2001. Once licensed, I opened my own practice in a yoga studio in Beaufort, SC.
I moved to Sarasota, Florida in 2005. I worked at Mandala MediSpa Spa for two years, then again took the leap of faith and opened my own practice here. I love what I do! I didn't grow up thinking I would become a massage therapist, yet it turned out to be my gift from God. I say this, as nearly every client I've massaged for the first time has told me it's the best massage they've ever received. No kidding!

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME IN YOUR MASSGE
In a massage, you can expect for me to use several different modalities during the treatment. I incorporate relaxation techniques first and foremost, deep tissue, shiatsu stretch, myofascial release, cranial-sacral therapy, and lymphatic drainage. Using all of these techniques together leaves you feeling completely relaxed, and that your body has been fully addressed. At the end of your massage, I perform a Sea Salt Scrub on your back. Using a blend of Grape Seed Oil and Sea Salt, I gently scrub your back, giving the amazing feeling of having your back scrubbed…like your mother used to do. As well, I wipe your feet clean of massage cream with steamed towels. This, too, leaves you feeling wonderful and complete.
My philosophy for massage is that our bodies are over-worked and over-stressed; therefore, it is not merely pampering to receive massage, but imperative. I encourage a one and a half hour massage, so you have the time to really let go; it takes your body and your brain about 20 - 40 minutes to calm down. When your body calms down, it allows me to work with the muscles in such a way that we will achieve greater results with the specific issues of pain you may be experiencing. I also encourage weekly, consistent massage. In doing so, you will find you feel better, sleep better, and have a greater sense of well-being and more energy. Again, this is what my clients have told me from their experience of receiving massage.
I am certified in Postural Analysis, Upper and Lower Extremities (all the joint areas), Myofascial Release, Cranial-Sacral, Lymphatic Drainage, Deep Tissue, and Shiatsu Stretch.

3 comments:

  1. Diane really is great at her profession. I know this of course because of the massages I have received.I also know this because I have been around to hear other clients say this as well.

    So... Thank you for taking care of my aching body. Your are the best.

    Bert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! I would like to thank you for the massage yesterday. I really needed it after eight hours sitting at the computer and forty eight- hours on duty. I look forward to the next time.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best massage ever! Diane is kind and caring and tops in her profession. I had a ninety minute massage and it was great. I left feeling better than I'd felt in years. My next trip to Sarasota will include another visit with Diane for another great message!

    Don
    July 9, 2011

    ReplyDelete